What Are Traffic Exchanges And Do Traffic Exchanges Work?

BONUS Get our FREE Traffic Report about "Banners Broker"

I try a lot of traffic methods and will often share the results with readers of my newsletter. The question people on my list frequently ask me about has to do with traffic exchanges. The most common question is whether they work or not.


First I will define what a traffic exchange is. A traffic exchange is a site where you agree to view other websites in exchange for people looking at your website. There is a point system tracked like money in a bank account. You get points for every site you look at and you spend points every time someone looks at your site. In theory, this is a great idea and it would seem like it should work.


In addition to the free method of exchanging clicks, there are enhanced versions where you can pay to get more people to view you website without having to look at as many sites or in some cases, you can pay and avoid looking at sites at all.


There are two flaws with traffic exchanges.


Number one. People are rewarded by looking at as many sites as possible to earn credits. This way they earn points so other people will look at their site. This means there is a good chance most of the traffic never even looks at your site with any intent of reading or learning about what you have to offer. This is the very definition of low quality traffic.


Number two. If you want to play in this arena, you have to have a different message to your visitors to even get the slightest results. You have to be bold and quick with your point to catch their attention. This in itself is probably not a huge problem but I ask myself this question. "Do I want to change my marketing style to generate low quality traffic?"


My answer is to that question is no as I would rather focus my time and efforts on higher quality traffic methods.


Did you like this article? If so, click here: Tyler's List Building Club and grab my free $49 report and get traffic and list building strategies and tactics.


No comments:

Post a Comment